I-75 Construction: The Latest Lane Closures
Heads up, motorists.
Cynics might say it would be news when traffic on I-75 was not disrupted.
But the Florida Department of Transportation has just released the schedule of the latest lane closures, and Patch readers might find this helpful. The closures are a necessary inconvenience thanks to a $95 million, 11.4-mile Interstate 75 widening project between Fowler Avenue and State Road 56. Once completed, officials hope, motorists will be quite pleased.
Here are the closures, courtesy of the FDOT:
- One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 from State Road 56 (Exit 275) to north of County Road 54 (Exit 279) from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Friday (January 25) and Sunday through Friday (January 27 - February 1) nights.
- One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 in various areas between Fowler Avenue (Exit 265) and Bruce B. Downs Boulevard (Exit 270) Sunday through Thursday (January 27 - 31) nights. Southbound closures will be from 10:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.; northbound closures from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- One to two lanes may be closed on southbound I-75 between State Road 56 (Exit 275) and the I-275 interchange area (Exit 274) from 10:30 p.m. Thursday (January 31) to 5:00 a.m. Friday (February 1). At least one lane will be open at all times.
- Either the movement to eastbound or westbound Fowler Avenue from southbound I-75 Exit 265 will be closed for about half the night from 10:00 p.m. Thursday (January 31) to 5:00 a.m. Friday (February 1). Traffic will be detoured to the open portion of the ramp and can make a u-turn on Fowler Avenue to go in the other direction.
- One lane will be closed in each direction of Fletcher Avenue under I-75 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (January 28 - February 1).
- One lane will be closed in each direction of Bruce B. Downs Boulevard under I-75 from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday (January 28 - 31) nights.
- I-75 Construction Shouldn’t Cause Holiday Delays (November 2011)