Posting Events, Announcements On Patch is Easy. Really!
Here are the instructions.
How to post an Event on Patch:
- Log in to New Tampa Patch.
- Locate the navigation bar at the top of the page. Click "Events."
- Navigate to the upper right-hand corner. Click "+ Put it on the Calendar" to add the new event to the calendar.
- Enter your Event Title, Date, Time, applicable publication, Description, Categories, Publish date, and any additional information, if applicable.
- Once you have confirmed you have entered all Event details, click "Post my Event" located at the bottom of the page.
How to post an Announcement on Patch:
- From the New Tampa Patch home page, look for the Announcements section under the News tab. From there, click the "Announce it to everyone!" button in the upper right corner.
- Now, enter a title, select a category, write a description, upload photos and/or videos and enter a location.
- When you click "Post My Announcement," it becomes live on the site and available for anyone with an Internet connection to find.
There are a lot of things you can publish on Patch as an Event or an Announcement.
- If you're a chef offering a seminar on cooking with organic veggies, post the class on the Events calendar.
- If you're a mom whose daughter just won a softball scholarship for college, post it in our Announcements.
- If you're an antiques dealer hosting a class on restoring wood furniture, put it on the Events calendar.
- If you're a not-for-profit group that needs volunteers, tell everyone on the Announcements page.
About the only thing that you can't post are items that are obviously advertising a business.
Again, I'm happy to post these items when I have time between my other responsibilities, but I'm a big believer in the "teach a man to fish" parable.
If you need assistance in figuring out Patch's Events and Announcements posting system, give me a shout.