Thinking of tying the knot at the courthouse on Valentine’s Day?
If the romantic date appeals to you, but you don’t want to get married in a group ceremony, Sobeida LeBlanc has an answer for you.
“I chose Temple Terrace because I work here, the park is beautiful, cozy and private,” LeBlanc said. “If a couple’s plan is to get married at a courthouse, this is a great and free alternative that is open to anyone who wishes to marry or renew their vows—regardless of what city they live in.”
LeBlanc began working in the City of Temple Terrace in 2001. One of her roles is performing marriages, and she said she’s fallen in love with the task.
“Working in this office, I realized the community’s need for economical but beautiful ceremonies,” she said. “I enjoy this part of my job so much that I decided to start my own business officiating marriages.”
“While there are many other companies out there offering these services, I feel that the prices and beautiful theme packages that I offer, along with my passion and dedication will set The Golden Marriage Carriage aside from the rest,” she said.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
LeBlanc will marry up to 14 couples on Feb. 14. Rod Cambridge of RODC Photography will provide professional photographs. If you’re interested in participating, here are the specifics:
- A couple must provide their own valid Florida Marriage License and photo identification prior to the ceremony. (There is a 3-day waiting period before you may use the issued license to be married.)
- LeBlanc will be at Woodmont Park 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and will perform ceremonies in 30-minute increments on a first-come, first-served basis. As of Thursday morning (Jan. 31), all time slots are open.
- Reservations are not required, but LeBlanc recommends couples reserve a spot in order to guarantee their time. Call her at 813-999-4128 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Couples must arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled ceremony.
- A link to view photos online will be available within three weeks after Valentine’s Day. Each couple will also receive print rights to their images.
Here’s what else your 30-minute Valentine’s Day wedding ceremony will include:
- Filing of your marriage license
- Seating for 50 guests
- Ceremony music for the bride’s entrance
- The use of a red rose heart arch, ceremony stand, two pillar candleholders with red candles, two pedestals with rose bouquets, a red aisle runner, and a rose bouquet for the bride during the ceremony