Top Headlines: Armed Security at All Schools? Ciccio's Lodge Closes
Stories you might have missed this week.
It's been a busy week (again), and you have not kept up on your local news. Thanks OK, we understand! Patch has you covered with this list of the biggest stories from the last seven days.
- During the period from Dec. 12 to Jan. 2, Florida Highway Patrol troopers issued 39,000 traffic citations.
- Seniors would save more on their property taxes in 2014 under a newly approved measure.
- The state may overtake New York in population size, with 60 percent of new residents moving from other U.S. states and 40 percent from abroad.
- The American Red Cross is urging folks to get their flu shot as soon as possible.
- Superintendent MaryEllen Elia has a plan that calls for a review by a security expert, and an additional 130 armed personel at Hillsborough Schools. The extra staff would cost $4.1 million alone.
- The Tampa Palms eatery is no more, citing an inability to come to 'mutually favorable terms with our lease.'