Stop by Florida Hospital in Wesley Chapel or any other of the healthcare chain’s locations and it’s possible some celebrating might be going on.
After all, the hospital with locations in Carrollwood, Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Orlando and beyond, has nudged Tampa General out of the No. 1 spot in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
The No. 1 ranking was bestowed on Florida Hospital’s Orlando location.
While the hospital chain did best Tampa General on statewide level, it didn’t beat it for Tampa Bay metro area rankings.
Locally, Tampa General came in first place and Moffitt Cancer Center was ranked at No. 2. Overall in the state, Moffitt came in at 8.
The Top hospitals in Florida, according to U.S. News, are:
- Florida Hospital Orlando
- Tampa General
- Shands at the University of Florida
- Baptist Medical Center – Jacksonville, tied for fourth
- Mayo Clinic – Jacksonville, tied for fourth
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital, tied for sixth
- University of Miami-Jackson Memorial, tied for sixth
For more details on the rankings and how they’re determined, check out U.S. News & World Report.