The Sweetbay on Bruce B. Downs Boulevard and Highwoods Preserve Parkway is among 33 under-performing stores in Florida scheduled to close in February.
The Delhaize Group, which owns Sweetbay, made the announcement Wednesday.
New Tampa Patch asked readers on Facebook what they would like to see in the soon-to-be-empty storefront near Home Depot. Here's a selection of answers:
- Kathy Horvath Livingston: Trader Joes!
- Heide E. Presse: Whole foods....and Fresh Market as a second choice
- Bonny Mosher Wilming: Whole Foods!
- Jean Regan McDermott: Whole Foods or Trader Joes!
- Kelly's Tales: Yes, Trader Joes!!!
What would you like to see open in the Sweetbay space? Tell us in the comments section below.