Looking for a gift that can't be found at the mall? Want to shop local?
We put out a query to New Tampa area businesses asking them about any unique gifts or specials they are having for last-minute shoppers. Here are some of the responses we got.
CherryBerry of New Tampa, 18091 Highwoods Preserve Parkway
- From owner Kathy Montoya: “We have our own line of "homemade" chocolates called Paradise Chocolates. Our Caramel Chocolate dipped apples are a huge hit. They range between $6.99 and $7.99 per apple. We do custom orders with any topping you'd like.”
E.L.L.A. Boutique, 18469 U.S. Highway 41 North, Lutz
- From co-owner Andrea Andrews: “We have a special coupon out right now that is good until Dec. 24th. It is perfect for the last minute shoppers; it is $10.00 towards your purchase of wish list items.” Also, she added, “Kelly Rae Roberts Gift Collection has been on of our best sellers for this holiday gift giving season and I have attached a photo. We also just got more of these beautiful and creative Allen Designs Clocks in that are the perfect gift for the person who has it all.”
PartyScene, 19651 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
- From owner Alex DeJoseph: “We don’t have gifts but here’s something: Before we dive head first off the fiscal cliff, why not celebrate the end of this crazy year with a New Year's Eve party? PartyScene has noisemakers, hats, confetti, 2013 sunglasses, party kits and champagne glasses to ring in the New Year in style! Print out a coupon for $5 off $25 purchase on partyscenestore.com and don't forget to pre-order your balloons!”
Here are some other ideas:
- How about a gift with a personal touch? You Do the Dishes, 15357 Amberly Drive, is a paint-your-own-pottery studio. Instead of buying that gift, you can make it!
- If you are needing a gift for someone who enjoys cigars or wine, then Toast of New Tampa, 14921 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., may be the place. Large selection of vinos and cigars that can't be found anywhere else.
- Or you can check out New Tampa Patch's business directory for more ideas!