Even though Bruce B. Downs Boulevard has been under construction for quite some time, residents apparently just can’t seem to get used to driving on a roadway under transformation.
Patch readers were asked on Facebook whether the $37 million widening project was annoying or had become a simple fact of life they no longer give a second thought to. The answers were unanimous. Here is a look at what they said:
- Steven Falcon Bothers me? Nah. Just because the traffic signals are out of sync and the storm drain covers are like land mines and the soccer moms drive 10 mph below the speed limit. Doesn't bother me a bit.
- Yolanda Bush Fix the storm drain covers already!!
- Carol Ward Snyder H A T E IT !!!!!!'
- Jen Gregory Wiggins It is killing my tires! I have had 2 pop already!! It needs to FINISH!!
- Cheryl Rice Are they going to fix those storm drains?
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
The project is taking place between Palms Springs Boulevard and Pebble Creek Drive. North of the I-75 overpass, things are on track to be completed by the end of the calendar year. But south of the I-75 pass, a water line problem has pushed the completion date from the end of the calendar year to March or April, according to the county.
Want to comment on the construction — good or bad — too? Do so in the comments section below.