Summer’s coming to a close and the first bells are soon to ring on the 2012-13 school year. If you’re wondering just when kids in the New Tampa area will go back to class, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s a look at the calendar for the upcoming year:
First day of school – Tuesday, Aug. 21, except for Rampello students who report Aug. 14. Note that start times vary by school. Check with your kids' individual schools for this information.
- Labor Day – Sept. 3
- End of 1st grading period – Oct. 18
- Non-student day – Oct. 19
- Veteran’s Day – Nov. 12
- Fall break – Nov. 19-23
- Winter break – Dec. 24-Jan. 4
- End of second grading period – Jan. 18
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday – Jan. 21
- Non-student day – Jan. 22
- Florida State Fair Day (West Hillsborough schools) – Feb. 8
- Spring break – March 11-15
- End of third grading period – March 28
- Non-student day – March 29
- Memorial Day – May 27
- Last day of school – June 7
Editor's note: Information for this post came from the Hillsborough County Public School's website.